Hello Everyone

Hi, My name is Danny Fernelius. I’m a recent ASN graduate, working as a nurse at Riverton hospital, and hammering out classes to complete my BSN degree. I’ve been a nurse for a year now, working at Riverton’s Med/Surg unit. I recently had the opportunity to apply for a position to cross train to be an ICU nurse at Riverton and fortunately for me I was accepted. I’m now working shifts at IMC in the Shock Trauma ICU. We cross train over there to get more exposure to critically ill patients. Although its hard work, its been a great experience to take on this new role. I look forward to continuing my education in college as well as on the worksite. 

I just celebrated 5 years of marriage with my wife and we have a 2 year old daughter that we adore very much. I enjoy many things outside of work such as the gym (its my healthy lifestyle routine), camping, hunting, fishing, shooting guns, spending time with my family and anything else that sounds fun. 

This reflective journal is just that, an opportunity for me to express my thoughts as I continue my education especially with the leadership class I’m currently taking. I’m sure I’ll mention a variety of things that i will experience over the next few months and i look forward to looking back on this and seeing the growth that I’ve made.