Week 4 Reflection

1. What did you actually learned from the unit. I learned quite a bit from this unit. It was good to do the team building activities and get to know my team. It was great to hear their insight and though process as we worked through each activity. I can see how sometimes its hard to work as a team, especially if you may have a person with strong opinions (My team members were not this way thankfully). But looking forward I see how important it is to have a common vision and common goals to help drive us to work together for the same common outcomes.

2. Discuss your feelings/experiences from the team activities? Did it change your opinion on the subject? If so, how? If not, why? No, it did not change my mind on the subject. Working on projects as a team always has pros and cons but with expectations set early then everyone can govern themselves appropriately. I enjoys hearing other peers observations and opinions. It helps me learn and see things from a different perspective.

3. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice. We will always be working in some form of team in healthcare. These teams help us stay safe, keep our patients safe and hopefully help each of a progress while improving the outcomes of our patients. Its important to use clear communication and show mutual respect to gain the confidence of the members of your team.

4. You personal feelings about the material covered. I enjoyed this week’s activities and interview. The interview helped me see the mindset of a manager outside of healthcare and realize that there are a lot of similarities across the board when it comes to a professional interview. I also liked working with my team to accomplish the activities for our group learning activity. It was good to hear from each person in the group, to hear their input for each activity, and get to know them better. 

Image result for teamwork quotes blog.hubspot.com