Reflective Journal Week 8

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

It was good to listen to the doctor and get a better idea about the current condition of nurses, and also the future of us as well. I liked how she discussed the plans that we need to take to get more involved in leadership positions in generating improvements and advancements within healthcare. I felt it was important that she noted that there is an increasing need for nurses to continue their education to a master’s degree, DNP or further.

It was good to discuss and revisit the lecture together as a team. There were points that my teammates brought up that I had forgot about. It’s always good to have a discussion and further solidify what we had all watched and learned.

This was a good motivator to me to continue to stay engaged at work, seek out further skill enhancement and education opportunities. It was also good to learn about how I can be a bigger influence within the unit I work. As a professional I can choose to have a great, professional attitude and always seek to do be best. It also important for me to be a team player and help those around me to reach their highest potential.

1. Your personal feelings about the material covered.

I enjoyed learning about the current status and future projections of the nursing career. It was assuring to me that I chose a great profession to be a part of. I look forward to learning and growing throughout my career. I look forward to all the experiences that will make me a better nurse.

Image result for picture of nurses

https://www.nursingworld.org