Reflective journal week 10

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.-

I was reminded that change is not easy sometimes and it takes work on my part to make the transition easier. I also learned that I need to be aware of things happening around me in order to anticipate change. Change is always going to happen, sometimes it’s in my control and most of the time it’s out of my control. The important thing I need to realize is that if it’s something I can’t control then I need to do my best to accept the change and adapt to it. Obviously it’s easier to talk about it than to actually do it.  

It seems like we have all had similar experiences where we have been resistant to change and also been accepting of change. It was good to hear their stories and read about how they were able to overcome the difficulties of change.

1. How you will utilize the information learned in your nursing practice. It’s good to be up to date on the most current information in order to prepare for change or even anticipate it. It’s also important to do the research in order to understand the reasons behind why the change is happening.
  2. Your personal feelings about the material covered. Change is inevitable, I know I can control my own reactions to change by having an open mind and try to understand the reasoning behind the change. Sometimes changes aren’t for the better but I need to be resilient and work hard to be a solid coworker. As I have an open mind I can also help others adapt to change as well. Compliance comes with understanding, I want to be able to ask the right questions and find out the necessary information in order to make a smooth transition when change occurs.

Image result for quotes about change

https://www.yourtango.com