Week 13 Journal

Image result for quotes on collective bargaining

https://www.quotehd.com

1. What did you actually learned from the unit.

I learned that a lot of negotiation goes into collective bargaining. I didn’t know why people joined unions but now it makes sense. They are to help get more for the worker and allow both employer and employee come to a compromise about a variety of subjects within work.

The collective bargaining activity was interesting. As we discussed what our results were as individuals, it was interesting to see each person’s approach to getting more money or benefits for the workers. I personally could have been more aggressive with my offer.

This is where I’m not sure about. Its good information to cover but does this happen in all units at the hospitals? Do managers bargain for more money or more budget?

1. Your personal feelings about the material covered.

This was a helpful topic and the exercises were beneficial to work through. I still have the same question though, does this happen at hospitals or is this just outlining a leadership skill or technique that we should be familiar with?